Monday, September 18, 2017

RETURN TO GLORIOUS GLORIETTA BAY

We can't get enough of Coronado Island anchorage. The Del, the Coronado Yacht Club, a white sand beach on a golf course lined with palms with great swimming, and superb walks through quaint neighborhoods with fragrant flower gardens and charming cottages. That's just beginning of the "Why We LOVE Glorietta Bay" list! Add, dreamy weather, swanky yachts, good friends, yummy food, peaceful naps, and on and on and on.
Our neighbors at the anchorage.
 Spark loves lunch at the Coronado Yacht Club,
 so do we.
 Sunset view from Scrimshaw's upper deck.
 The sun goes down on The Del Coronado Hotel.
Another day, another sunset.
It also happened to be my birthday celebration. When Darrell asked me, "Where do you want to spend your birthday?" "Anchoring at Glorietta Bay", sprang from my lips.
Happy Birthday to ME!
Instead of candles flickering on a cake, I got twinkly lights beaming from "The Del".
My Birthday Present
 My Birthday present, a Pascotti Umbrella from Italy! Darrell saw the umbrella at The Del weeks ago, and returned on the sly to buy it for me. We are spending the Fall in Washington surveying the cruising grounds from Seattle to Canada and the Inside Passage to Alaska for our next BIG yachting adventure. An umbrella is not just a cute accessory, but is essential survival equipment in this part of the world. Anywho, this umbrella is not just any umbrella. Darrell scores again with the perfect birthday present for me. Every Birthday Darrell surprises me with some gift of the heart that he has planned for weeks. His thoughtful cleverness makes it difficult for me to rack my small brain to match his unique gifts when its his birthday. 
 
An Italian Pascotti.
This beauty was part of a larger display at The Del, that was actually years old. None of the fabulous umbrellas were for sale. Darrell asked to speak to the manager, and pleaded with him to let him to purchase the umbrella for my birthday. The silky blue umbrella was special, not just because of our trip to Washington, but because years ago Darrell accidentally broke my favorite umbrella. It was a umbrella I purchased at the Stanford Shopping Center, and when opened, out popped the Sistine Chapel inside. This umbrella is even better! Not only is is drop dead gorgeous, but it is very ITALIANO and given with LOVE! Bravo, again, Darrell. Gotta start brainstorming for his birthday next July.




No comments:

Post a Comment